Saturday, January 12, 2008

Return to Normal?

Normally I don't check Nate's  blog several times a day. 
If I don't check every hour I wonder to myself, "What's happening?"
Normally there aren't many people reading my blog.
Why would there be?  :) Usually it is just a handful of friends.
Normally I can get frustrated easily by small things.  
I noticed the other day that things that usually frustrate me were not bothering me at all.
Normally I don't pray as much as I have been praying.
I hope my prayer life continues to be strong and grow even after we are through this time with Tricia and Gwenyth.
Normally I'm not constantly thinking about how amazing God is.
I'm amazed by God, I'm amazed about the faith and strength He has placed in the lives of Tricia and Nate.  I'm amazed by this little life He has brought into the world.
Today is Saturday, I doubt it will be a normal.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand! I don't even know your family and yet I am drawn to their story and check your blogs several times a day. My prayer life has increased, and I count my blessings a little more...so, I hope I am never normal again! :)

Anonymous said...

You all MUST get together and write a book about this experience, the Lawrensons are such gifted writers! God bless you for sharing this story so beautifully with all of us!

Anonymous said...

I too have been praying more, have been reveling in God's AWESOME power....I can only imagine how it would feel to be part of this event first hand! God has awesome plans, and though awesome doesn't always mean "exactly the outcome we want" (though I hope it does!) His plans are amazing!

NCBeachMom said...

I doubt normal will ever be quite the same again...and for the better

Anonymous said...

Anonymous is right. Nate, Rick and you communicate well with the written word. I live in Normal. It is normal for me to pray through out the day. It is not normal for me to pray for people I don't know. Today I prayed for Nate, Tricia & Gwen while vacuuming. I've checked Nate's blog several times today. Normally I can go a week without getting on the computer at home. I have asked my family and coworkers to read the 3 blogs trying to share how awesome God is. God is BIG!

Jenny said...

me too.

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...