Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sunday Flashback II

OK.  So I thought the deal was if I preached at NHC on a Sunday I got to do the "flashback" but apparently Rick beat me to it.

It was a great day at NHC today.  Both worship gatherings were great this morning.  One advantage to serving on the worship team is you get to worship in service one and then do it all over again in service two.  The band did a great job.  Thanks for the hard work you put into making our worship gatherings so good.  Thanks to the children's and nursery teams for your hard work today and "overtime" with the Lord's Supper service tonight.  It's great when the church has a serving heart!

I think it was great that today we spent some time in prayer in small groups during the service.  This was totally different from what we usually do during our worship service but I think it is just what we needed to do.  It's great when prayer becomes more than a hinge from one part of a worship service to the next.

Tricia and Nathan and the baby have been on my mind most of the time since the beginning of the week.  This event in their lives has increased my prayer life and I hope that when this storm passes my prayer life will still continue to be as intense.  I'm glad we got to gather as a church family and pray for them today.  That is what family is all about.

Let's remember to keep Claire Drake in our prayers as well.

We had local guests again at church today to worship with us and checking us out also.  Two young families that are new to the area.  That's super cool.  It was always great to have some out of town guests as well.  The one local family I talked with said they  enjoyed the worship gathering.

Kudos to Rick.  I can say I'm a little more than my usual tired, and to think we used to do three services a weekend.  Now comes the precious slumber.


2 comments:

CJolly said...

You did a great job yesterday morning and evening. We have a serious situation going on with Tricia and Nate, and the prayer time was powerful, but laughter is good too. Thanks for the great message and the lighter moments.

Now about that heading...Nate has the Sunday Blitz, Rick has Sunday Flashback, and the best you can come up wqith is Sunday Flashback II?...

Andy Lawrenson said...

I'll work on that one

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...