Saturday, June 27, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
Just finished sending parents the important camp paperwork and information. We are closing in on camp, just a few weeks away. We do Student Life Camp. For several years now we have been attending SL and have had nothing but great experiences. The SL staff is always so helpful and supportive.
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Deuteronomy 6:6-9 (Andy paraphrase)
Define and Communicate God’s Word to your kids. Tell them often, over and over, repeat it because we all know it takes a while for something to sink into a kid’s head and then make it to his or her heart. God’s Word should be part of who we are and we should talk about Him when we sit around the house, when we ride in the mini-van (captive audience), when we tuck them in at night and when we wake them up in the morning. Hang it on the fridge, post it on the mirror. Make God’s word the fabric of your home, the joists, studs and rafters of your family, build your family on God’s Word.
Friday, June 19, 2009
Monday, June 15, 2009
Twenty years ago, today, Misha said "I do", then I said, "I do". The smartest decision I have ever made!!
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Friday, June 12, 2009
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Monday, June 8, 2009
Monday, June 1, 2009
- Minister with a team. If you aren't doing youth ministry in a team setting you are hurting yourself, your family, your church, your students. Ministry is more fun and effective when accomplished with other believers.
- Express to your team how much you value them and how vital they are to the ministry.
- Offer training to your team. Utilize e-mail, web sites, podcasts, seminars and books.
- Encourage your team. Look for opportunities to encourage them as they encourage students.
- Party with your team. Look for opportunities to have fun together without any "meeting" involved in the party.
- Pray for your team. This should be a no brainer. I pray for our team but I'm thinking it would be good to let them know individually that they are being prayed for. I know I feel good when someone tells me that they are praying for me or ask for prayer requests.
My blog made #30 out of the top 40 youth ministry blogs according to Feedspot.com. I don't know what that means but "thanks!&quo...
If you're in youth ministry, or in church world in general, you've read about or heard about the numerous statistics pointing to wh...
Yesterday evening I was at a soccer game and football practice and I started thinking . . . How flexible is your church with you? It seems...