Saturday, January 12, 2008

No, Its not a normal Saturday -

>We actually got to sleep in and woke up before Ty - not normal.
>Took Misha to work since her car is in the shop - not normal.
>Just Ty and I at home today - not normal (Misha's working, it's tax season)
>All three of us crammed in the front seat of my F-150 - not normal (Ty loves riding in "Daddy's Truck")
>Ty and I shopping in Home Depot - normal (purchsed a cordless circular saw, thanks to my father-in-law's Christmas gift to me, Thanks John!!)
>Thought about Tricia and baby Rose and Nate at least 10 times while in Home Depot - not normal.
>Prayed in Home Depot - not normal except when I buy too much and I'm praying to win Publisher's Clearing House 20 million.
>Took Ty to Food Lion - normal
>Prayed for Nate and Trica and baby Rose several times in Food Lion - not normal
>Didn't eat much for lunch - not normal :)
>Checked Nate's blog as soon as I got home - my new normal

This all boils down to praying without ceasing.  I think that too often prayer becomes a hinge in a church service to move from one part of the service to the next.  I think that too often prayer is something we only do when we are in a jam.  I think that too often prayer is self-centered.  It think too often prayer is something we only do when we sit down to eat or when we lie down to sleep.

Pray without ceasing = praying at work; praying at play; praying in Food Lion and Home Depot; praying while driving down the road; praying at school.  

Our prayers shouldn't cease and the awesome thing about our Father in heaven is that He never ceases to hear our prayers.

Enjoy your not normal Saturday!


5 comments:

Jane said...

nothing normal here either!

Unknown said...

Andy, I just wanted your family to know that I have been praying for Trisha and Gwyneth all of the time as well, which is definitely a not normal for me. You see I have/had given up for lack of a better phrase on the power of prayer. But by following their story has reminded me how precious life and prayer are. I would pray if the need felt strong between giving "up" and now, but driving to south Georgia today I found the need to pray and think about them was overpowering. I want to thank you and your family for reminding me about the power of prayer.

Christina Holsclaw said...

Andy, I was touched by your discriptions of "normal" and "not normal". How true about praying without ceasing...it is just as you described it. I can relate to checking Nat's blog every hour also. Thank youHeavenly Father for the reminder ats to what praying without ceasing it. Let your Holy Spirit remind us to continue when this passes. Thank you for the faith of such a young couple and placing their complete trust in you Lord. Thank you for your miricle. Amen.

Anonymous said...

AMEN! Praying while singing to the Lord along witht he radio, praying while eating my lunch, praying while vacuuming the house, prayuing while loading the dishwasher, praying while doing jsut about everything. Just praising God for His goodness, Grace, His endless Mercy and for His son, our Savior, Jesus Christ. And for your family. Praise God.

Unknown said...

Thank you for writing your thoughts! I knew that I needed to pray without ceasing, and I knew that My Father in heaven always hears my prayers. But I haven't ever put together that this must mean that my Father is ready and willing to listen 24/7! Thank you for the new revelation of His character!

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...