Sunday, January 20, 2008

Home Safe and Sound

We had a good visit with Tricia this morning.  She seemed, to Misha and me, to be much improved even from yesterday.  Our prayer is that her body continues to strengthen and that she is off the vent and breathing on her own soon.  We can't wait to hear the news that she got to hold baby Rose.  I can't even wrap my mind around the thought of being just three floors away from each other.  
I know Tricia is the toughest person I've ever known.  I think her maternal instincts (she's a momma bear now so don't get in her way) are going to drive her to heal up and strengthen up even quicker.  We know she is going to be a great mom for two reasons:
1.  She is Tricia
2.  She risked her life to give life to her baby girl.

I was in with Nate and Gwyneth, video taping her and her surroundings, when the nurse explained to Nate that Gwyneth was almost down to the same oxygen level that you and I breathe.  That was awesome to hear, I listened to it again tonight as we watched the video back.  My plan is to have that video to Nate by tomorrow sometime.  I'm still figuring out all this Mac (it's not a lap top) stuff out.

How cool would it be when Tricia gets to leave the hospital to have her friends and family there lining the hallways cheering her on?  I think there is a bus trip in the future for the NHC family ;).

Thanks to our good friends, Clay and Esma, for sharing their home with us this weekend.  We got to see the gift of hospitality in action.  They went above and beyond by  feeding us some great food.  I "experienced" Fiber One cereal for the first time, it was pretty good stuff. Esma and Clay also hooked us up with some great chocolate chip cookies and sent a big bag of them to Nate.  Ty had a blast with them and enjoyed watching the snow fall yesterday and he really enjoyed sleeping in a sleeping bag on the floor.   Clay and Esma were just teenagers when we lived in Oklahoma now they are Med students at Duke.  How cool is that?

You never know how strong your faith is until your faith is tested.  I think Nate and Tricia are passing the test.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there,
My name is Stacy I am from Va Beach, Nathan was the worship pastor for the church I attended. I think that is a wonderful idea about lining the halls with friends and family. I am sure many of us would make a road trip from Va Beach! So please, keep us posted on that!!

Stacy

Andy Lawrenson said...

Will do. Thanks

clayito&mima said...

you three are welcome anytime! we had lots of fun with y'all and are glad you got to spend some time with nate, tricia, gwyneth, and the rest of the lawrenson/kirschner clan. ty is a 3 year old genius, indeed. he is so well-behaved and entertaining at the same time! we only wish it had snowed more for him to enjoy. please come back soon! God bless you three.
-c&e

Andy Lawrenson said...

The chocolate chip cookies were amazing! Maybe the best I've ever had.
The Fiber One was everything Esma said it would be and more. I feel so much healthier now.

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...