Friday, January 4, 2008

Total Trust

Only when we truly surrender do we realize the peace that a relationship with God brings, even in the midst of life's storms.  Only when we pray like Christ prayed, "your will be done" do we understand total trust in God.  

Jesus told his disciples this about his departure from them:
John 14:25-27
25 "All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid

"Peace I leave you".  Do you grasp this peace?  Do you know this peace?
If you don't understand how this whole peace process works please read my nephew, Nathan's, blog.  He just posted something powerful about knowing, truly knowing the real and living God.

2 comments:

ladybug said...

I will confess that until I asked for it I did not have peace about this situation with Nate and Tricia - Matthew 7:7-8 was brought to mind and sooooo......I stand in awe of my Lord who constantly provides, loves, gives peace to, and answers all prayers if only we would humbly ask Him. I wonder how many will be reached by this story and accept Jesus as Savior - that excites me to no end -

Andy Lawrenson said...

I think we will have to wonder how many. I don't think we will ever know. If anything this event is teach us all more about the importance and affectiveness of prayer.
Oh, and trust in God, that's the biggun.

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...