Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Heading Home

Next to Ty's birth this is probably the most emotionally stressing day I've had.
I got to see Gwyneth (on the doctor's phone) she's got hair.   It is amazing how quick things went but seemed in slow motion at the same time.  I'm also very impressed with Duke's concern and care for Tricia.  The manager of ICU sat with my mom and I and talked with us for a half hour during the C-section, that to me was an incredible act of kindness and compassion.  She certainly had much to do and a lot of important things to take care of but she chose to take time to sit with us.

We are leaving Duke in about a half hour to head back to the beach and pick up Ty from the Lee's.  Thanks Lees!  We look forward to being home with our boy.  It's super cool to see the "daddy bracelet" on Nate's wrist.  I look forward to coming back soon and seeing Gwyneth live and in person.

Please continue to pray for all three.  God is using them to impact thousands of lives.  I'm praying for God to be glorified through all of this.  

Tricia has got to be the toughest and strongest person I know.  As I spent time with her last night and watched her labor to breathe I realized how tough she is.  Both Nate and Tricia have an incredible faith, faith that is way beyond their years.  They have yet to doubt God's word.  They have displayed obedience and faith even in the face of danger.  

The journey is not over so please keep them in your prayers.
Pray for us on the road this afternoon.
thanks

1 comment:

Robin said...

What a beautiful story of love and faith!

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...