Sunday, January 13, 2008

Worship at church was some kind of good today

At least it was for me....
Rick's sermon was on the money.  It's great to be reminded of what your church values.  
The hangin out together before and after the service was great.  
The worship in music was fantastico!  
From where I sat up on the platform slapping the cajon I could tell, when I occasionally opened my eyes, that many were putting their focus on God.  Can't say it was "new" music that made the difference because the songs weren't new to us.  
I think the difference was this:  You take a room full of believers that have spent a lot of time before  God in prayer and worship is bound to be good.  You take a pastor, delivering a message, that has experienced God in a new way during the week and the worship in the Word is bound to be good.  I think prayer made the difference.  What if we spent more time in prayer on a weekly basis?  Imagine what would happen at NHC!  I believe we would get flat blown away by the power of God and I think our community would feel the aftershocks.

By the way, I thought this while I played the cajon during the service, Misha mentioned this while we ate cheesy tortilla soup for lunch, Nathan picked our songs for today.  We wondered how many knew this?
For those of you around the country and world that didn't get to worship God in song with us this morning these are the songs: (Google them sometime and read the lyrics)
Meet with Me  (I'm here to meet with you...)
Holy Is The Lord (For the joy of the  Lord is our strength...)
From the Inside Out (And the cry of my heart is to bring you praise...)
You Never Let Go (Even though I walk through shadows...)
Everlasting God (strength arises, we wait upon the Lord....)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that Nathan had picked out the songs. But, when Rick said that Nathan would be singing them to Tricia this morning, I couldn't help but imagine him in Tricia's room, playing his guitar, and sweetly singing to her while we were worhipping in song this morning.

Your point about prayer is so true at least for me. I tend to focus better on God on Sunday if I have been spending time with Him during the week. Praise God, worship WAS some kind of good today!

CFHusband said...

It's funny...as Gabby and Agnes and I were singing this morning in Tricia's room, I was thinking about how each song was perfect for our lives this week. I did not do that on purpose, but it certainly must have come with the leading of the Holy Spirit out of what we've experienced this week.

Rick Lawrenson said...

Not only does Nathan pick out the songs every week (even from Durham), he also arranges the order of the service and plays a big part in the slides we use.

He's still working hard. He's already introducing some new songs to the band to work on.

Jane said...

I love how God will use one tiny little baby and a precious mommy to rock the lives of so many.

Worship at our church was awesome today. Maybe it was just me. Or maybe not...we usually have great worship.

I will say that I was really focused on how our Heavenly Father moved this week and the miracles we all observed via our computers. Songs reminded me of you guys, scripture (Acts 4:24...sovereign God...) the message of small groups/community... and how the community of Nate, Tricia, Gwyneth and their family has rallied and bonded this week. I LOVE unity in Jesus' name!!!

I'm praying for more forward progress this week...breath girls, breath!

praying in SC
Jane

Thodgson said...

I agree, Andy. Kids Church had a special small group time too:) even the children are praying harder and spending more time in the word of God this week. I pray it continues!!

Bonnie said...

I knew Nate had picked the songs, and the message was even more magnified when I thought about it through the perspective we've all gained this week. I wish I could play the piano with my eyes closed!

Andy Lawrenson said...

Ray Charles could and Stevie can. ;)

It's a little easier for a drummer.
Some people are hand raisers, I don't do it never felt inclined to do so. But I am an eye closer, head bower and if it didn't cause a distraction there would be times I would like to lie flat on my face.

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...