Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Made it home

10:28pm
Our goal was to leave the hospital at 4 but then Nathan made us an offer we couldn't refuse.  Wait till 5 and get to meet Gwenyth face to face.  How could we say no?
The smallest baby I've ever seen in person.  She is hooked up to monitors and a ventilator but she is beautiful.   I have never seen a diaper that small before, amazing.
We got to scrub up and put on the gown and gloves and spend some time with her.  Nathan asked me if I wanted to reach into the incubator but I said "no".  She's too tiny for me too touch.

We left at 5:30, made a stop at Sonic in Rocky Mount (try the iced coffee its really good) and fueled up and hit it.  We would have been home sooner if a kind State Trooper had not pulled me over to give me a warning ticket for a headlight that went out last night. :)

Ty was happy to see us.  Again we thank the Lees for taking care of Ty for us overnight.  This was a big step for Misha, but we knew we needed to be at Duke today.  Next she might let Ty drive the car.  He is now tucked in and fast asleep.  And that is where I'm heading.  

Thanks again to all who prayed and keep praying they both have a long way to go yet.

Good Night from Gwenyth Rose's Great Uncle Andy

5 comments:

Jane said...

thank you for this post...I know the statement "no news is good news"...but ya just like to hear even the smallest of reports.

As for Sonic... have you tried the blended coffee??? sinful I tell you!

Thank you for all your updates today. It made is so much easier to pray knowing the latest.

If you ever make it to NewSpring in SC...look me up! (Perry's assistants know where to find me!)

Emily Jones said...

Great Uncle Andy! How cool is that? Tricia and Gwyneth are on my mind throughout each day - I am praying for healing and strength for them and peace and rest for your family, too. I well remember the stress of sitting around the ICU waiting . . .
We love you,
Emily

Debbie said...

What a beautiful place to be ,in the healing arms,full of grace and mercy of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We love you all and will continue to give praise to God for bringing us all to a place of confirmation of just how great God is and always will be.
Debbie, Joshua, and Matthew

Laurie in Ca. said...

Good morning and God bless your family. I just looked at the video of Gwyneth posted on Nate and Tricia's site. She may be too tiny to touch right now, but there is a princess warrior in that perfect and tiny body. Praying today for strength and healing love for both of these precious ladies. Isn't God just the best? He holds them in His loving hands.

Laurie in Ca.

Rick Lawrenson said...

Princess warrior? Maybe her name should be Zena or something.

Andy, get that light fixed. KDH's finest love to make those stops. Especially in January when there are no other criminals to pursue.

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...