Friday, February 1, 2008

My Second Political Post

Last night (and I realized I'm getting old and crusty because I'm enjoying these things) I watched the democratic debate.  And then there were two.  I think there is a strategy going on here.  My opinion is we will see a Obama/? ticket or a Clinton/Obama ticket.  I don't think that Senator Clinton will settle for second fiddle.  

I was gong to post: "Last night I watched the democrat debate and that's all I have to say about that." (in the voice of Forrest Gump)  But I do have a few observations:  (I realize some will disagree with my thoughts but you know what?  It's my blog!)

>I don't like the smirk on Hillary's face when Obama is talking.
>Both were dressed very nicely.
>Obama's stand on abortion is far from my Biblical stand.  So if he gets on the ballot he won't get my vote.  
>Hillary's stand on abortion is as far away from my Biblical stand.  So if Hillary is on the ballot she won't get my vote.  (I believe that if we should honor God not our pocket books)
>Interesting that President Clinton was nowhere in sight last night.  Think they are taking their party's suggestion?
>Chelsea could very well be a president's daughter all over again.  Think she will get the same bedroom?
>Senator Clinton was trying hard not to get vicious and vindictive.  I could see the pain on her face.
>Can anyone say "plastic smiles"?  (McCain was sporting one as well during the republican debate, it's a skill acquired in DC and Hollywood)
>Obama hammered Hillary several times about her support of invading Iraq, while he stated he was opposed from the beginning.  Which is true.
>Hillary says she would not have supported the decision if she knew now that the intel reports were wrong.  (What do you think the President based his decision on?  The same intel reports.  So if Hillary had been president at the time she would have had made the same move.  We know this because she supported the invasion.  I'm not sure but when you learn to double talk from the best you are bound to be good at it as well.  "I did not have sexual relations with that women."  Remember that lie given to us from the oval office on our TV sets?  I'm still amazed that we voted him in office again after lying right to our faces)
>It would have been fun to have Ron Paul in their debate as well to add to the entertainment factor.
>I believe that if we knew everything that goes on in our government we would be scared, very scared.
>Interesting that Hollywood's big gun actors were all sitting up front and regular americans had to sit in the back.  Seemed a bit like the seating order for an awards show to me.  Again another strategy.  Hopefully America was smart enough to catch that strategy.

And now an ADD moment:

It's interesting if you read the transcripts from the 60 minute interview with the interrogater of Saddam (I read them).  Saddam intentionally led America to believe there were weapons.  He also stated he thought we would just air strike for a few days.  He asked his military for two weeks of war and then it would become his secret war using insurgents. 
 
I think if you are going to pick a fight you better think about the outcome first.  Lost his country, lost his sons, lost his life.  

So this should be the last of my political blogs for a while.  Basically I would love to see a normal man get in office.  Maybe a guy that grew up learning to read in a log cabin by the candlelight.  That would be refreshing wouldn't it.  Or possibly a youth pastor with ADD?  
Then we would all have official government days to play games like "Pudgy Bunny" and "dodgeball tag".




 

4 comments:

clayito&mima said...

i couldn't let your 2nd political post go on without a comment. i didn't watch all of the democratic debate but did catch a few clips. i'm with you on the abortion thing; i actually like obama in many ways but just can't go with him when he is pro-choice (sure women's rights are important, but don't these people think about the kids our nation is MURDERING) - makes me sick.

on the republican side, i'm sad to say that my man huckabee looks to be hanging on by a thread. romney gives me the creeps and mccain, well, i know what you mean about a gut feeling about some people - i just don't feel right about him.

i watched the 60 minutes saddam piece sunday night. i was surprised that i actually felt sad for saddam in some ways after watching that story - seems that he had no true friends or support. he did lots of bad things, i know, but i still felt bad for the guy.

i better get back to work before esma discovers that i'm blogging instead of doing school work. :-)

CJolly said...

My Mom always said " if you can't say anything nice about someone, don't say anything at all". Clinton and Obama are..............................

Anonymous said...

Not much more to be said than, "you crack me up!" my husband & you sound like long-lost twins separated at birth! or dare I use a democratic liberal term...clones! yourblog reminds me of a Bible verse...wonder if any of the candidates (other than ole' Huck) could recite this! "A double minded man is unstable in all his ways." James 1:8 Everyday, each American should pray to God for wisdom concerning their vote (like that'll happen), because only God can help fix our broken gov't & its systems! Praying for you Andy, that you don't stress beyond your limits over the upcoming elections...try to trust God & remember it's all in His hands...and then pray for the Rapture!
Johanna Heltsley

Anonymous said...

Found your blog from Nate's...I absolutely LOVE (ok, not like "love-love", but love as in "believe-in") Huckabee. I think it would be refreshing to have someone who is totally and brutally honest in office. I too am scared if ANYONE else gets elected, esp. Obama or Clinton...yikers! I am doing some serious begging w/ the Big Man and hoping he'll sprinkle in some divine intervention over the upcoming primaries....

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...