Monday, February 25, 2008

Top Ten Reasons You Know Rick is Out of Town

#10 - Andy is preaching in blue jeans and a t-shirt

#9 - No Shameless Self-Promotion 
( This was on the screen behind me as I read #9 : Andy's blog: theaddyouthpastor.blogspot.com is way better than Rick's blog)  that was funny stuff

#8 - The sermon is shorter 
(it was actually 36 minutes, 16 minutes longer than I like, but 9 minutes shorter than Rick)

#7 - There are still donuts left after the 9am gathering
(on a personal note I didn't eat any donuts yesterday)

#6 - Everyone is waiting till church is over for nap time
(a few struggled in the 11 gathering but the 9 gathering did just fine)

#5 - There are no typos in the sermon notes

#4 - Dots?  What blue dots?
(if you have helped set up chairs you would get this.  If you haven't helped set up and you are a member of NHC it's time for the "experience")

#3 - If you came to church late it wasn't brought to the attention of the entire congregation
(this was my personal favorite and got lots of laughs at the 11 gathering)

#2 - The ushers are in the kitchen finishing off the juice from the last Lord's Supper gathering.

Drum roll please
#1 - First time guests actually indicated they would be back next week.

10 comments:

CFHusband said...

sorry I missed it!

Andy Lawrenson said...

It was Beuno! How was C3?

CFHusband said...

C3 was rockin...they definitely have the loudest system I've ever heard on Sunday mornings.

Florida_Mom said...

If I'm ever near Nag's Head on a Sunday NHC is #1 on my list of places I want to visit.

Myra in Florida

Anonymous said...

Reading all your blogs- is so fun and inspirational---I so wish I lived closer to your church and could worship with you all....thanks for sharing God's love and fun!

Rick Lawrenson said...

In the words of Satchell Paige: Never look over your shoulder. Someone might be gaining on you.

NCBeachMom said...

Oh I just love it! and I dont even attend your church gatherings!

The next time I plan a vacation anywhere near Nags Head I am definately coming by to worship with you on Sunday morning!

Kim
Raleigh
NC

Andy Lawrenson said...

Raleigh is just 3 hours away. Why plan a vacation to some other inferior beach in NC or SC?

CFHusband said...

for real...wilmington and myrtle are so lame, I've never even been there...

:D

Rick Lawrenson said...

So, the next day after your Top Ten you get a double whammy. Not only do you have to get glasses, but eye surgery is iminent.

Vengeance is mine. I will repay, says the Lord.

Or to paraphrase a phrase from a Jack Nicholson character: "You just messed with the wrong Marine!"

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...