Monday, February 25, 2008

Leftovers


Sometimes leftovers are good.  It just depends on what the meal is.

Giving God your leftovers is bad, no matter how good you think your leftovers are.

My family often gets my leftovers because of a busy schedule, gone from home too much. . .

Leftover vacation days are great.  This week I'm using up leftover vacation days from '07 which, according to policy, must be used before March, use 'em or lose 'em.

Today was great.  Ty and I spent several hours outdoors in the backyard.  Then we moved the fun to the park with a pb&j picnic and lots of sliding on the slide.  Then we moved back to the house and washed and vacuumed the car.  He found it loads of fun to crawl around in the car while I vacuumed it out.  Then we came back inside and watched several episodes of little bear, ate some chili, read some books, got a good bath and then off to bed.  He was out in less than 5 minutes.  Lots of hard playing today.
So today was a good leftover.

Tomorrow another leftover vacation day.  I start it off at the eye doctor's office, that's right I'm getting old!  (plus getting straight liquid bleach in your eyes doesn't help, it's an old injury that I'm quickly growing tired of)  So by tomorrow afternoon I could be a 4 eyes.

5 comments:

ladybug said...

Oh I hope you don't have to get the bi-focal - That's when you know you are really old-

Denise

Terry Gray Sr. said...

Glasses are good Andy....they will ensure that you will get in the right lane waiting for the Ferry, and I don't have to re-do the whole operation just to get you onboard.

Andy Lawrenson said...

Thanks Terry!
If that's what it takes to get on the Ferry then dagummit glasses are worth it.

CFHusband said...

you've inspired me...I had my eyes checked a few years ago and was given a prescription for reading glasses, but never followed through...with as much time as I spend on my Mac, I need to get that taken care of. I'll schedule an appointment tomorrow...I'm sure there's got to be an eye doctor somewhere close by...

Andy Lawrenson said...

Nate,

I would imagine there are eye doctors somewhere close by

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...