Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Faithful Reminder of God's Faithfulness


Psalm 19 is an incredible chapter.  I woke up early Sunday morning and glad I did because I forgot to set my alarm.  I went ahead and got out of bed knowing that I wouldn't fall back to sleep, so I might as well get up.  I did my usual beauty ritual and made sure my spikes were all in their place. 

Since I was up early and ready for church I thought I would have a sunrise breakfast.  I packed a bowl of cereal and some milk and headed down to the church.  I went up on the balcony in the big lobby and poured my milk into my cereal and watched God put on an incredible show.  This show never repeats, it looks totally different every time.  The Sun coming up over the horizon in the atlantic is truly an awesome event, and it happens here every morning, the sun hasn't missed one yet. Who says God's not faithful?  
Check out what David wrote about the sun:

 In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun, 5 which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion, like a champion rejoicing to run his course. 6 It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other; nothing is hidden from its heat.

What a great description!  God has given us some great reminders of his faithfulness.  Who holds the ocean back from washing us away?  Who keeps our planet tilted just right so we don't freeze or burn to a crisp?  Who hung the stars in the sky?  You know the stars are there every night even if you can't see them.  On those cloudy nights when the stars are nowhere in sight you know they are there.  Why?  Because the night before you saw the evidence, you saw their light.

I look all around me on this playground we call earth and I see evidence of God.  I know he is there even though I can't see him when I wake up in the morning.  Why?  Because I saw his evidence the day before.  I see evidence everyday.

You can count on God, he is faithful.  In Hebrews chapter 13 verse 5 we are reminded that God will never leave us or forsake us.  




8 comments:

Terry Gray Sr. said...

How cool.....Andy, Great job. And the music is great!

CFHusband said...

blaaaahhh...I can't read your blog anymore...can't handle somebody else choosing the music I listen to....

Andy Lawrenson said...

Nate,

I'll turn off the auto play you big sissy. You need to let your stubbornness in the area of music go. I know it is so hard to move your right index finger up to the mute button on your mac.

Anonymous said...

thank you for the reminder

CJolly said...

I like the music! Good post too! i have always said that you just can't help but feel close to God if you live here.

Andy Lawrenson said...

CJ -
I knew you would like the music. It seems only drummers have good tastes when it comes to music. Probably because we have ears that hear it all rather than just the chords or the vocals. :)

Terry Gray Sr. said...

Hey.....wait a minute. I am not a drummer, and I liked the music.

Andy Lawrenson said...

Terry,

You may have a drummer hidden within

Andy

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...