Thursday, February 21, 2008

2 Miracles and my vegetarian lunch (yes, I said vegetarian)

Today I got to go on a day trip to see my 2 miracle nieces.  Tricia looks fantastic and I found myself feeling old as I heard the words, "Your color looks good" (that is so grandma-ish) come out of my mouth.  I enjoyed sitting with her in her room and with Nathan and our friend Mikey H.  We had a good time talking together and laughing together.  Some people are just fun to be with.  Tricia's nurse was  friendly and attentive to her needs which made Uncle Andy feel good.

Gwyneth looks great too.  She has grown a bit since I saw her last and her little cheeks are filling out.  I got to hear her squeak!  It's amazin
g to watch the nurse work with Gwyneth, I would be scared to death to move around or hold a baby that tiny.  I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but Gwyneth seems to be doing well.

For lunch Mike, Nate and I went to the Mellow Mushroom in downtown Durham near the ball park.  We had the hummus and garlic pita chips for an appetizer.  It was very very goods.  I even ate a fork full of hummus just because I had never eaten it before without putting it on something.  That was a bit strange.  Nathan enjoyed a philly cheese steak, Mike had a meatball sub, I went vegetarian.  You heard me!  Vegetarian.  I ate a calzone with artichoke hearts and feta cheese, it may have been the best calzone I have eaten in m
y lifetime to this point.  So I highly recommend the Mellow Mushroom, the food was tasty and the price wasn't crazy.  They also had lots of mushroom decor going on and the booth we ate in had a table top wrapped in metal, it was cool. (collecting youth room decor thoughts)

Now after 518 miles of travel, 8 hours on the road, 2 gas stops (that's fuel, not what you 7th grade boys are thinking), 4 hours of chillin with Nate, Tricia and baby Rose, McDonalds, Mellow Mushroom and Cracker Barrel, and watching the satellite get shot out of space, I'm tired and going to bed.

Mike and I take a photo op.  Doesn't he look like an alien?

12 comments:

CFHusband said...

I actually had a chicken hoagie jerk...I mean a jerk chicken hoagie (haha).

Thanks for coming and hanging.

Andy Lawrenson said...

Sorry for the hoagie mistake. Yes I remember now visually I see those chunks of island goodness (pineapple) on top of the melted cheese.

We had a good visit. It was great to see Tricia up and in real clothes. I forgot to get that can of stuff to bring back to video Alex B drinking for $5. Maybe next week.

Did it snow? It's raining here.

CFHusband said...

no snow.

I'll send some crap-in-a-can home with my dad on Monday.

:D

TerryKM said...

You guys look like elves.

Andy Lawrenson said...

Hey Terry,

Have you looked in the mirror lately bud?

Florida_Mom said...

What a dedicated Uncle driving all that way for such a short trip. I'm sure they appreciated your visit. I see the family resemblance in your photo :)

PTL for the good report of the girls and thanks for feeding my CCFH blog addiction.

Continuing to lift up your precious family members up at Duke.

Myra

Unknown said...

You make me smile. Thanks...

PS thanks for the update on the girls and how they are doing from your view. :)

Anonymous said...

Actually I think he looks more like one of those freakishly large eyed animals on greeting cards.

Bonnie said...

What stuff for Alex B????? He thinks crap in a can sounds good...maybe a different Alex?

Rick Lawrenson said...

I'm dying laughing at that picture. You're goofy enough, but Mike takes the cake.

Andy Lawrenson said...

Bonnie - We are going to shoot an encouraging video for Nate and Tricia utilizing your son as he drinks the canned stuffs, for $5. Alex probably doesnt know this yet.

Rick - Please don't pick on Mike he's a sensitive marine.

Bonnie said...

you're scarin me! Hey. I started a blog today...I'm not telling the address though...I feel really vaunerable~!

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...