Friday, February 15, 2008

The Call Day 1


Today  I woke up at 6am.  Eyes blinked, mind said, "get ready for The Call. " 

I was joined by a few during the day at the church helping me out to get ready.  It is fantastic to be part of a church that "gets it" when it comes to ministry.   A bunch more joined us this evening to help man the concession stand, product tables, clean up, greet people, get the youth groups checked in and help our however they can.  "It's not about me" is one of our mottos at NHC and it is awesome to see that in action.

Tonight Exodus did a fantastic job leading us in worship in song.  Matt Orth did a great job talking about connecting with God and how that happens.  

Amy did a great job teaching leaders about planning and calendaring  in youth ministry.  A lesser known but very handsome youth pastor Andy talked with the students about self image.

Soon I hit the sack, I'm sure all those youth groups in the hotels are still up and probably will be for a couple hours more and there are probably a few youth ministers running from room to room telling kids to "get to sleep".  I will be in my king size bed snoozin like a big dog.

Tomorrow morning we kick it off again and have a blast worshipping God and investing in students lives and helping leaders in youth ministry.

My last observation.  There is always a group or groups of kids that obviously don't get it.  They are there for the fun.  That's a good thing.  If we don't have some in our church and youth groups that don't "get it" then we aren't reaching out.  I pray that before this weekend is over those students will come to know God in a real and personal way.

I would also like to add that The Call team did a fantastic job!  We have an awesome church.

4 comments:

ladybug said...

I am dog tired this morning but am ready for another fabulous day at NHC - I love being part of a team that get's IT - Praying that those who don't, will and really soon

and how about that chef Maria - what a great meal she prepared!!!!

CFHusband said...

I'm really missing the call this year...hope you're taking lots of pics and video. has anyone pulled the fire alarm yet?

Bonnie said...

They put a bouncer on the fire alarm...no one messed with him!

Andy Lawrenson said...

Chris did an excellent job guarding the fire alarm!

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...