Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Smells of Sunday

Nothing like coming home to a house that smells of home made goodness baking up in the oven on a Sunday afternoon.  After locking up the church, it was my turn, I headed home.  The services went well this morning.  The top 10 was good stuffs, thanks to CJ for adding the drum rolls, perfect touch.  We forgot to add that with Rick gone the newspaper and comic page on the men's restroom wall wasn't replaced.  We read last weeks sport's page and comic page all over again.  You were missed Rick!

Both services were well attended and I noticed more new faces in the crowd today.  The worship team did another great job today leading us in worship in song.   Lots of good fellowship happening over a Krispy Kreme donut and coffee in the big lobby.  It is a lot of fun for me to look around and see people hanging out together in the big lobby.  Fellowship is important to connecting with other believers and building relationships.  I'm beginning to think the lobby is my favorite space in the new building (and not because of the coffee and donuts). 
This week I hope we allow God to rule over our emotions and feelings rather than our feelings and emotions ruling us.

Oh yeah, got home to find my lovely spousal unit had cooked home made chicken pot pies (thats right pies plural) the crust was flaky, the pie was loaded with chicken, shrooms, peas and carrots ("Jenny and I are like peas and carrots") and some sort of saucy goodness.  It was like a thousand flavor angels were dancing on my tongue.  Mish followed  up with a homemade fruit salad, it's  like dessert, it is so good.  It's great to come home to great food smells in the house.  Then we all snuggled down for a wonderful Sunday afternoon siesta.  

One more picture from my trip to Duke with Mike last week.

14 comments:

Nancy H. said...

Okay Andy..you and Mike had a little too much time on your hands...

Andy Lawrenson said...

It's called entertainment. It was our job to spread cheer to Tricia and her nurses. Besides Mike looks good with a blue glove in his head.

Rick Lawrenson said...

Mike,
You need new friends.

Bonnie said...

Here's the funny thing. Until this latest post, I didn't realize the "alien" was Mike H!!! I had no idea who it was, just some funny looking guy!!!

Thodgson said...

Yep, bonnie, that is my man! LOL

Anonymous said...

Mike looks like a blue rooster

CJolly said...

You and Mike are SO not right!!

Anonymous said...

Chicken pot pie. Home made. Hows come she didn't bring any to the blog partay? Loves me some chicken pot pie. Sometimes we make it with just a bottom crust and put mashed potatoes on top to bake. OH MY GOODNESS! It is simply divine. Chicken, carrots, celery, peas, creamy yummo fattening good ole sauciness topped with whipped up taters. And some good ole sweet tea. Mercy am I hungry!

Misha said...

mike h asked me at church today how i do it? how do i live with andy 24/7, he had to spend 8 hours with him last week. Then i come home and see this picture of mike, i think i need to ask his wife the same question.

Terry Gray Sr. said...

Good job today Andy. I liked your thought about it dosen't really matter what others think, only what God thinks. I found your preaching to be refreshing and lite.

(A good thing)

Megan and Company said...

So. That top ten?

Just askin'

CFHusband said...

fo sheezy my unceezy...where that top ten list be at bradah?

I will be forced to steal your glory if it's not up by tomorrow night...

ladybug said...

Your lovely wife was right behind us in the grocery store check out line. She tried to get us to pay for her stuff - we told her we would but only if she would take our kids - we thought that was a fair trade - ha ha ha

by the way I must compliment you on Ty's most excellent manners - He is just so darn cute - I could eat him up

Andy Lawrenson said...

His manners are good about 95% of the time. He has his moments and I'm sure we have man interesting moments in store for us.

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...