Thursday, February 14, 2008

My son and my first wife



I knew the "first wife" bit would get your attention!   Mish is my first and only wife.
For twenty years now I have celebrated Valentine's Day with my beautiful (I'd say knock down gorgeous) wife.  This is the only day of the year we celebrate love or even say "I love you".  Just joking!  See, I got a few of you again.  

The fact that God has blessed me with Misha is truly a miracle.  Look at me - Now look at her. What's up with that?  How did I end up with someone as beautiful as her?  It's obvious that God really likes youth pastors because every youth pastor is goofy looking and his wife is a babealicious.   My love for her drove me to pursue her passionately.  

I'm thankful that Mish has been my best friend and the love of my life all these years.  How could life be any better?

Well I tell you how.  Not only have I been blessed with Misha but I have also been blessed with boy genius, Ty.  I thought I knew what love was all about until Ty came along.  Then I discovered a whole new realm of love.  Just watching him walk down the hall in the morning with his hair sticking up in his footy pajamas and to hear that little voice say, "Hi daddy!", it doesn't get any better than that.  I love my son beyond what I can even explain.  I can't put my love for him  into words.

I love my God.  Here is why I love my God, because he first loved me.  While I was still a sinner Christ died for me.  He loved me enough to die for my sins past, present and future.  God pursued me with a passion and His love for me can't be put into words.  His love for me was expressed without words but on a cross.  I hope you know that God loves you and wants a relationship with you.

11 comments:

Emily Jones said...

I would have to agree that God must love youth pastors, because you do have a smokin' hot wife! (Love you, Mish!) And Ty is just the best, too! I hope you all three had a great Valentine's Day!

Misha said...

Thank you honey. I'm blessed by you too. I love you!

Misha

Misha said...

Hi Emily!

Rick Lawrenson said...

That was all before Misha had her eye surgery.

We tried to warn her.

Sorry Misha, but you wouldn't listen.

Anonymous said...

She really is beautiful, Andy. Being a sister in Christ, I tink that all of us who know Jesus have a certain "glow" of beauty about us. When people look at women like your wife, they see Jesus reflected back. NOTHING could be more beautiful. Over on Nate's site you see people commenting constantly about Tricia's beauty, glow, smile. I see that same beauty in Misha. GO JESUS!

p.s. Your little Ty is about the cutest thing ever to walk on the beach! WHat a DOLL BABY!

Anonymous said...

p.s. You aint so bad yourself...for a goofy lookin youth pastor.

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely beautiful. Our youth minister, who is a very good friend, has a very beautiful wife as well, so you may have a valid point there. ;o) Good luck this weekend with The Call. I hope you let us know how it went. I'm excited for you guys and I won't even be there. I am really enjoying reading your blog and your dad's as well. Keep up the great work. I'm praying for a successfull weekend for the youth.

Robin

Anonymous said...

Your beautiful wife resembles Gwyneth Paltro ever so.

CFHusband said...

haha...gwyneth paltrow...I've always thought that...

Andy Lawrenson said...

What movie is Gwyneth in? Misha and I can't place her. I guess we could google her.

Anonymous said...

Did you google her? I loved her in Shakespeare in Love. Her Mom is Blythe Danner (sp?) and she named her baby Apple. Anyway, she has the same classic, elegant features like your wife. Just radiates beauty. A Classic. Check her out.
p.s. She was in one of the Austin Powers movies if that's your thing. I never saw any of them. How many were there anyway?

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...