Friday, August 1, 2008

Impact Outer Banks

I don't know of a time in the history of the Outer Banks when 10 church youth groups got together to work together in sharing the love of Jesus Christ in a practical way to our community.    The week was fantastic!  I'll nutshell why I think it was fantastic:
  • Ten teams doing some great mission projects in our local community
  • Teams were made up of students from different groups, my team had 9 students, each student from a different church.
  • Churches working together
  • No turf or territory wars between the youth pastors (check out www.obxymn.com)
  • Hundreds of people in our community were touched.  
  • Great lunches.
  • Great music
  • Community Collision was great
  • Students lives were impacted
I wonder what the ripple affect through the community from this event will be?  I also wonder how many churches who chose not to get involved will wish they had and hopefully will join in next year?  I hope more of NHC's students will get involved next year.  My prayer is that this attitude of servanthood will be carried by these students into their school halls in a few weeks.

I have already heard comments from people outside of Impact about the event and we have had groups from out of the area interested in either coming next year or putting an Impact together in their town.  Impact was a great experience and I look forward to our youth group getting involved again next year.

2 comments:

Nancy H. said...

While working Collision last night I talked to alot of the Youth who were part of Impact. When I asked them what they thought of Impact every single kid said the same thing. "This was about the best week of my life." They loved it and they LOVED serving the OBX Community. Not one person complained that it was too hot or they worked too hard. It was all good!

Bonnie said...

my son said it was the best youth event ever! That says a lot.

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...