Monday, August 25, 2008

Deal or No Deal


I just heard Kashka on Deal or No Deal say, "I believe that if you say it and believe it then it will happen."  She has obviously been watching some televangelists.  She was down to two cases, a $5000.00 case and the million dollar case.  She believed for four years now that she would be the first million dollar winner.  She was offered over $500,000.00 and said, "No deal!"  She knew that amount of money would set her up and take care of all her bills.  But she believed she was going to be the millionaire!

Lesson in life:  If what you believe is not true then what you believe is false no matter how hard you believe.  If what you believe is false then what you believe doesn't really matter.  Apply that to eternity.  If you believe all good people go to heaven but what you believe isn't true then what you believe is false.  If you believe religion will save you but what you believe isn't true than what you believe is false.  I don't know about you but I'm not willing to risk my eternity on a false belief system.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father but through me."

Kashka should have taken the $500,000.  But she believed!

5 comments:

John and Michelle said...

Right there with ya Andy! I about died when she turned down the big money, RIGHT AFTER she said it would buy her father a house and pay all her bills! Geesh! My husband has a hard time watching this show, he can't stand the greed. Who turns down $530,000!?! Crazy!

marcia said...

Amen!

CFHusband said...

I hate that show.

Rick Lawrenson said...

Hey, it's made a washed up comedic actor a millionaire!

Apple said...

I know this is a day late and a dollar short but I thought of you today.

I was listening to my WOW! CD and Nichole Nordeman was singing "Holy." There is a line that says "How many half truths did I bare witness to, til the proof was disproved in the end."

Again, if it's false and you believe in it, it's still false.

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...