Saturday, August 23, 2008

Food

Two topics that draw comments from the blogging world almost guaranteed:  Food and Politics.
I posted on politics and got some comments.  Now lets see what this stirs up (plus I'm hungry).

I created a squash recipe (sorry no cool pics like the pioneer lady or other world famous cooking blogs).  (notice I use ( ) a lot, it's because thats what I'm thinking but not what I'm really writing)

Ladies and Gentleman, The Fetasan Squash:
Take the beautiful yellow squash, at least 3 big ones or several small ones.
Slice them about 3/4 of an inch thick to 1 inch thick.
Slice some red (actually purple) onions in thin slices.
Melt a couple of Tablespoons of butter into a sizzling hot pan.
Dump the squash and onion into the pan and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Stir often and allow the squash to get a light brown crunchy crust on them.
Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan.
Then top with a healthy helping of crumbled feta cheese.
Pull it off the heat and place under the broiler to melt the cheese real good.

Put a heaping helping on a plate.
Place plate on top of your head.
Watch your tongue try to slap your brains out trying to get to it.
If it doesn't taste good to you then you didn't cook it like me.

Great served with any meat grilled, fried or baked. (spam doesn't count as meat it is it's own food group)

4 comments:

Terry Gray Sr. said...

And you did all this in Gail's kitchen, right?

Andy Lawrenson said...

I was going to but then did it in my own kitchen where I gots my stuffs

Bonnie said...

I did not know you were a squash fan.

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

I enjoy new recipes, love Pioneer Woman Cooks (have you read her other blogs too? hilarious), enjoy reading CF Husband blog to see how the girls are doing, and did I mention I enjoy new recipes? I work in a church too and enjoy reading about your activities with your teens.

Thanks,
An Okie Girl
www.crossingsokc.org

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...