Saturday, August 9, 2008

Operation Backpack

It is so awesome to be a part of the church that gets it!  I was gone all week speaking at Cale Retreat and Conference Center and I returned last night.  This morning I rolled into the church to participate in Operation Backpack.  Our Operation Backpack team, made up of members from the church, met earlier in the week and set the auditorium up as a distribution center for school supplies.  

This morning we had multiple stations in the lobby for coloring, face painting, games, painting, balloons.  We also had refreshments available.   The whole event went off without a hitch and was well organized.  Many local families were helped with free school supplies and backpacks for the new school year.

A huge thanks to the team and the leaders that put this event together.  I look forward to future Operation Backpacks.  I think what was most awesome to me is to see members in a church realize that they are ministers.

3 comments:

Rick Lawrenson said...

Missionaries, too.

Apple said...

How 'bout those paper chains?! Mm, hm, those were nnniiiccceee, weren't they?


hahahahaha

Andy Lawrenson said...

The paper chains were most excellent at keeping the traffic flowing in the right direction. Nice paper chain skills

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...