Saturday, August 2, 2008

Thoughts on Tourists

I'm glad we have tourists here on the OBX.  If we did not have tourist I probably would not be living here.  

Now a few observations on tourists from this past week:
1.  Tourist will park their car in the parking lot but not in a parking space.  I know, I hit one this morning.
2.  Tourist drive 35 mph in the fast lane all week on vacation.  They are in no hurry to go anywhere, they are on vacation.  BUT they will run you over trying to hurry and get their donut and coffee at 7-Eleven in their race to leave the beach on Saturday morning and finally drive at least 50mph since arriving here.
3.  They are using us for our beach.  



3 comments:

Nancy H. said...

4. They decide what they are going to have for breakfast, lunch and dinner for their entire family, which totals about 32 people, once they set foot in Food Lion. There is no need to have that information ahead of time because they ARE on vacation.
5. Most tourists have never been to a Walmart before because after they go to Food Lion they alll head over to Walmart.

Rick Lawrenson said...

6. They leave their brains in a box on the west side of the Wright Memorial Bridge. I wonder if they remember to pick them up on their way home?

7. Grocery shopping is their time to vent after driving 6 hours with a minivan full of kids. Are we having fun yet?

8. The infamous center turn lane on 158 is as the King of Siam said, "A puzzlement".

This being my 23rd summer living here I could go on.... But I really love them. And my guess is that when I go on vacation where they live I act something like they do. Payback, maybe.

DogsDontPurr said...

This cracks me up! But I feel your pain. I live at a beach in California. We don't get tourists so much as we get "inlanders" (when it gets hot inland, they all head to the beach). And this weekend has been especially bad.

When they come, our coast highway goes to a crawl, if not a complete stand still, as they cruise the scene, look for parking, step out in traffic with their 20 million kids, schlep their hundred million tons of beach furniture, coolers, etc. Oy. Yesterday it took me 45 minutes to travel what usually takes 5 minutes!

Oy...don't even get me started! Thank goodness we only get them on the weekends!

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...