Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Camp Cale Today

Did I mention it is hot?  It was great having my family here with me a couple of days.  Now I'm back in the camper all by myself, just me and the Mac.  Gonna pop in some old Andy Griffith videos and watch them.  I figured out how to pipe the audio from the Mac through the speakers in the camper, it's pretty much the coolest camper on the campground this week.

Today was a great day for the campers.  We talked this morning about Bible Study and the importance of that discipline in Endurance.  Tonight we talked about protecting ourselves with the spiritual armor (Ephesians 6).  The talks went well but I had to talk fast to get the message in before the kids fell asleep because of the heat.  It is 9:17 at night as I type this and it is still over 90 degrees in the room where we hold the worship gatherings.  Cale's new building will help incredibly.

Keep praying, God's working on camper's hearts.

4 comments:

Michelle Jamie said...

I am!

Bonnie said...

no AC in that room? phew...I bet that smelled nice!

Andy Lawrenson said...

@bonnie - the stench can be dreadful at times. More than once this week I have told a camper that they are in my bubble and to step away.

Bonnie said...

oh...so it's not the bubble contact as much as it is the olefactory sensory overload?

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...