Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bubble Invaders

What is with people that invade my bubble?  You know them, you may even be one.  The people that feel the need to get within 8 inches of you to talk to you.  I don't even get that close to my wife unless I'm going in for the smooch.  

Do they close in on you to make sure they have your attention?  It doesn't get my attention but it makes me rather uncomfortable and a bit nervous.

Is their hearing not the best and need me to talk louder?  If so please tell me and I would be happy to raise the volume.

Did they forget their glasses and can't see me?  If so they really don't need to see me to hear me or carry on a conversation, the telephone pretty much proves that point.

I don't get that close to people because not only does it make me uncomfortable but what if my breath is stinking?  Have they considered the same for themselves.

Please, for those of us that appreciate our bubble of space in conversation, take two steps back.  Thanks!  Comfort bubble people of the world unite!

6 comments:

Apple said...

BIG AMEN from Your Bubble Sister in Christ.

Erin said...

OH MY I understand that one!

Bonnie said...

kids kinda broke me of the broken bubble sensation. They seem to be all over me and I have NO personal space with them. But, you're right about adults. hmmmm...never really thought about it, but at what age do I start to get uncomfortable....I'll have to think on that one.

Barb said...

I agree! And somehow...I think it's my eyesight and the darned bifocals, if people get a little too close, I really cannot focus on them. maddening!

Debbie said...

Yes brother you spoke the truth, I too am a fellow bubble traveler.

Bonnie you are right, kids are welcome in my bubble because they connect their bubble to yours like those cool bubbles you blow and they stack on top of each other.

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...