Saturday, April 26, 2008

Standing on the Front Line


Last Sunday I got to bring the message at church.  Getting to speak is one of my favorite things to do.  As a matter of fact I thought to myself, while I sat in the dental chair on Thursday for two hours, that is probably the least my jaws had moved in a long time (while awake).
I really enjoy speaking on topics that I am passionate about.  Last Sunday was such an occasion.  I continued the series that Rick has been doing on the spiritual armor.  The message was for dads, we need to be the ones that step up to the plate and be the spiritual leader in our homes. Suit up in the armor and stand on the front line to protect our families.  The entire series can be listened to or downloaded on our podcast page.

Here is the simple outline:

Standing on the Front Line

Ephesians 6:13

 Don’t fall asleep on your watch. 

I Peter 5:8

  Don’t Lose Control

  Ephesians 5:22-25 

Genesis 3:9

 Define to our family where we stand

Joshua 24:15

Deuteronomy 6:6-9

Proverbs 22:6

 Don’t  try to stand on your own

Ephesians 6:10

Ephesians 6:11

Colossians 3:12


3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I was so sad to miss todays service. How long does it take to get the new ones up? Thanks!

Andy Lawrenson said...

Podcast should be up by Wednesday evening

Lee said...

Ok, my hubby and I listened. GREAT JOB! The thing that struck me and stayed with me is when you said "The enemy has no compassion for your children". Whoa! I guess I knew it but the way you illustrated it really struck home. He is ALWAYS on the prowl! We can't let our guard down.
I praise the Lord every day for the man I married. He is one of the most Godly men I have ever known. He is a phenominal father and husband...bringing our children up in the ways of the Lord. He is a FIERCE protector of our family. He strikes a balance between work, home, extra curricular with such ease. But even he admitted that it can get tough....men HAVE to surround themselves with other believing Godly men to help hold one another accountable. Why? Because they are the first line of defense for their families. PRAISE GOD he gets it!
Praise God for men like you who will stand before your church to challenge the men in your church to be that type of husband and father.

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...