Saturday, May 31, 2008

Stimulation Check

Here is the deal.  I got my letter this week from Uncle Sam informing me that my stimulus check will be arriving soon.  I think I would have enjoyed it more if the check just showed up in the mail without an information letter informing me it is on the way.  The surprise would have been great!  I also would have liked if my check had the extra .42 cents that Uncle Sam spent to send me that letter.  Think about that.  How much was spent in tax payers hard earned money to send us money back?

So it is a stimulus check.  I'm assuming, because I'm not an economist I'm a youth pastor, the purpose of the check is to get us all to spend our money to stimulate the economy.  With gasoline prices as they are I think I know where our check is going.  So basically we won't be participating in stimulating the economy.  Plus what we don't spend is going into the savings account for various reasons.

If Uncle Sam wants to stimulate me to spend he is going to have to send me at least $10,000.00, but I would also settle for a cool million.

So spend your check wisely.



2 comments:

Missy said...

amen!

Apple said...

What you just said is exactly what is worrying a lot of economists. At least that's what I read. They are worried that people are going to use the money to 1) pay off debt and 2) pay for gas and groceries. Well, duh.

Now, if Uncle Sam would just take a lesson from us and use some of "his" money to pay off debt and supply the necessities...amazing concept.

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...