Saturday, May 10, 2008

My Three Favorite Moms

If it had not been for my mom I would not be here today.

My mom makes the best biscuits in the world.  Let me run with this one:
>Mom would bake me biscuits in the morning and then melt cheddar cheese on them
>Mom's biscuits are perfect for sopping up gravy
>Mom's biscuits are incredible with apple butter on them, especially real apple butter
>Mom's biscuits are not dinner rolls.  How do people confuse dinner rolls with biscuits?  Ain't they have been in the south? Great time a day!
>Mom's biscuits are great piping hot, sliced in half, butter melted all over them
>Grape jelly is the bomb diggity on my mom's biscuits
>Mom's biscuits are great with roast beef, especially with the gravy poured all over them
>Did I mention that mom's biscuits are great with gravy
Finally let me say this:
My momma's biscuits are so good that if you put a plate of them on top of your head your tongue would slap your brains out trying to get them.
  
And I love my mom for more than just her biscuits (those are just a side bonus).

My niece, Tricia, makes my favorite mom list.  She's the toughest mom on the face of the planet and she fought hard to bring baby Rose into this world.  Her faith and strength are incredible.  

My favorite mom is my wife.  Misha is the best mom on the face of the planet.  She is the momma bear.  Don't believe me?  Better think twice before going near her cub.  One of the favorite words I hear in my house is my 3 year old genius saying, "Momma".   I bet he says "Momma" 457 times a day.  He loves his momma, and so do I.  Just a few years ago we wondered if we would ever hear a little voice say, "Momma!"  God gave us a blessing and I think we were waiting  until the perfect time for the perfect son.  Misha, she's the best in the world!

Happy Mother's Day to all you fantastic mommas out there.  Let's keep the biscuits rollin'.

15 comments:

cantspellit said...

Okay so we know you really really like your moms biscuits now but are they weight watchers approved ??

Scott Lawrenson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott Lawrenson said...

I never put two and two together...but there is an obvoius reason that my car knows its way to Biscuitville on those early morns. And any woman that shares any space with any male Lawrenson deserves an award!

Rick Lawrenson said...

"Misha" does mean "bear" in Russian, nyet?

Andy Lawrenson said...

@cantspellit - I can eat a biscuit on ww but then I don't think there will be many points left for the day

@scott - glad I could help you analyze your biscuit addiction. and you are right, kudos to the Lawrenson women.

@rick - jes, Misha is bear in Russian.

Lee said...

Happy Mother's Day to Mama Bear Misha, Mrs. Lawrenson, and Tricia Lawrenson!

Andy ~ When is comes to a mama's biscuits, there is no such thing as "points". You can't put a point value on love with butter slathered all over it!

Andy Lawrenson said...

@lee - hmmmmmm something to ponder

Bonnie said...

biscuits have always been an enigma to me. Mom worked to teach me for years, but I could never master it. Now, I use Mrs. B frozen ones, and they're fine! So, does that make me a not so great mom?

Barb said...

The greatest mom's day gift I received today was a page-plus letter written by my 23-yr-old son. He thanked me for raising him in the Lord, for sacrificing a career (and sanity) to raise him and his sibs, and just over-the-top honored me. Years ago I said of this kid, "I'd just be happy if he ROSE in the morning, let alone calling me blessed." (Proverbs 31) Now he's doing both, a married man himself. Praise God for strengthening us moms as we go about our tasks. Hang in there, young moms!

Andy Lawrenson said...

@bonnie - we use the frozen biscuits but sometimes, rarely, make the fresh ones.

@momwriter - that is super cool. Your son believes you rock!

CFHusband said...

I make the biscuits in my family...what does that mean?

Andy Lawrenson said...

@milepost13 - this means you are in touch with your mommy side

Terry Gray Sr. said...

WOW......my grandma's homemade biscuits....with cows cream even. She is just like Mom to me. I lived with her for about a dozen years. She is still living...@104 years young, and praising GOD each day.

My Mom makes great biscuits too.

This next part is a save...

Jane makes great biscuits!

Rick Lawrenson said...

Terry,
Even if Jane couldn't make biscuits, she still makes the best lemon maringue pie ever.

If only she could make me a sugar free one...

Terry Gray Sr. said...

Rick, I'll work on that one for ya. She is starting to work on the sugar free stuff a little. I am like you...can't wait for her to try that in a pie.

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...