Thursday, May 15, 2008

Lesson I've learned from Nate, Tricia and baby Rose (Bump)


Gwyneth is home!
This the post I wrote when I returned home from Duke after Gwyneth, "baby Rose" around our house, made her entrance into the world.  Gwyneth's birth and the circumstances around the events of that day was pretty much one of the most intense situations I've been around in my life.  Watching God's plan unfold in the life of Tricia, Gwyneth and Nathan has had an impact on my life.  I pray you will know that God has a plan for your life and that every day miracles happen around us.

I'm sure I speak for everyone in the world that has been following this story that I'm am truly amazed and blown away.  This morning I'm trying to unpack my thoughts on all of this.  Understand I have ADD so my thoughts are super sporatic.  I've learned or have been reminded of some important lessons from watching the lives of Tricia and Nathan and now baby Rose.

>Obedience to God comes first even when life is in the balance.
>We don't know how strong our faith is until it is truly tested
>My problems and worries in life aren't jack squat compared to what others in this world are going through.
>I whine and complain too much
>A mother's love for her baby is truly an amazing thing to watch 
>Even more amazing is God's love for that little baby, even before the baby enters our world
>My prayer life has pretty much stunk.  I prayed everyday but like most people I think prayer became more important in my life when the stakes were high
>Why don't I pray like that everyday?
>God uses the weak to confuse the "strong"
>Even though someone is young they could very well be more spiritually mature than someone that has been around a long time.  (we've got  a lot of Christians living the same first year over and over and over, time to grow up boys and girls)
>Emotions and feelings are from God
>Emotions and feelings need to be under the control of the Holy Spirit.
>God uses our lives to impact other lives
>The Ripple Effect can be felt around the world.
>Life, no matter how small and tiny, is powerful and amazing
>God is doing miracles all around us and most of the time we don't even recognize it.

So those are some of my thoughts this morning as I think about the amazing lives of my nephew, niece and great-niece.

Now I will attempt to get through the day without being glued to a blog. :)

Pray without ceasing!  My eyes saw a miracle.

10 comments:

CFHusband said...

Thank you, Andy!

Rick Lawrenson said...

Good stuff.

Barbara Kay said...

Andy, sporadic or not--you said it all. This has been such an emotional roller coaster, mixed
with moments of unbridled joy and overwhelming sadness for the possibilities that this situation holds. But through it all, I know that I have learned so much from riding alongside this amazing young family. I've promised God that I will not let it all be in vain. Thank you for your insights and for keeping us in the loop during some difficult hours yesterday. This church family is amazing. bk

Jane said...

GREAT post! And if our lives are not changed by being on this path with Nate, Tricia and Gwyneth...then we have not done our job. We all tend to look at life as our little corner of the world that is suffering. When in reality, it isn't about us at all, but how we show The Light to others.

Do you ever read Perry's blog from NewSpring....your energy reminds me of Perry. (hope you are not offended by that!)

I too pray that I can step away from the computer and get things done today. However, my thoughts and prayers will still be with the girls and Nate.

Andy Lawrenson said...

Jane-jane
I've never read Perry's blog. What is the address?
Thanks.

George said...

What is amazing to me is how God led my path to intersect with the Lawrenson family and how much all of you have impacted my life. I am continuing to pray for all of you.

George F

ScubaSteve said...

Great stuff andy!!! Really good...thanks again for letting us pray with you...Carlee has been able to share this great story of Nate, Tricia and baby Rose with the teachers at her school, and i with people i know around town but we've been praying even more that they'll hear the even greater story of a people and their creator who loves them so much, of their savior who sustains them, of the God of the universe who weaves things together in such a beautiful way--..
so thanks for the opportunity...for this window you've opened to your family.

steve

Andy Lawrenson said...

Scubasteve,

Thanks for spreading the word!
You da man and I look forward to our podcast.

Debbie said...

Beautiful thoughts Andy
Maybe ADD stands for:
Acknowledging
Divine
Direction

~*~Bre~*~ said...

I think it is so amazing how God used an "ordinary" family and a little baby to reach out and touch the entire globe. Their story is so inspirational, and I am so thankful that God led me to them! Nathan and Tricia are amazing Christians, and their love for Christ has truly shone through this entire situation; and we haven't experienced an iota compared to your family; so I am sure you guys are even more amazed at how strong their faith is. Gwyneth Rose is one very blessed little girl to be growing up in their home. Their story will never cease to amaze me, and has taught me so many wonderful things!!

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...