Sunday, May 4, 2008

An Inviting Building

When we built our building part of the purpose of the design was that the front of the building would have lots of windows so guests could see what they are about to walk into.  I've heard many comments about our building, the blue roof, all the windows, "doesn't look like a church"(that's the point), "where's the steeple and cross?", "looks like an airplane hangar", "looks cool".  I can't think of all the comments I've heard. 

I try to hang out after the service as Rick talks with the guests so I can hear what our guests think.  To find out what they think we are doing right, and what they think we are doing wrong.
Today I heard what I've been waiting to hear.  When asked how they decided to attend NHC, a local guest's answer was, "I drive by everyday and the building looks inviting."  It worked!  I love it when a plan comes together.

I'm excited about the next phase.  Today our phase 2 team met to discuss the steps to finish off the children's area and the youth room.  Our pre-school room is about maxed out, it's gonna be sweet when the upstairs is finished.  

No comments:

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...