Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Great Strides CF Walk

Just returned from a kick off lunch for our Outer Banks Great Strides walk.
I enjoyed the company of some fine folks as well as lunch at the best steak place on the beach.  I was a good boy though and had a grilled chicken salad.

Cystic Fibrosis is a disease that has no cure (yet).  Since Tricia married into "the family" I have decided to do my part to help raise the funds needed to defeat this disease.  I was vaguely aware of CF before I met Tricia.  I'm pretty much stoked about the walk but have to wait till September for the event.

I stopped by Butcher Block after lunch to talk with the owner, Johnny, super nice folks, and in my professional opinion the best sandwiches on the beach.  Butcher Block will be donating sandwiches for the Great Strides walk.  Super cool!  Let's see I walk and then I can turn around and down an italian hoagie.  By the way I've tried several veggie wraps at different restaurants on the beach an the best one by far has been at Butcher Block.  Go see Johnny!

I am participating in the CF Great Strides walk here on the Outer Banks in September. Would you consider helping me reach my goal?

Ben is going to lose 65lbs for CF as a fundraiser in honor of Tricia.  Go Ben!

What are you doing to help defeat CF?

No comments:

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...