Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Grace of God

Often I’m blown away by the grace of God because he has given me what I do not deserve.  Then I stop and think about my life and I wonder how He can love me and see me as blameless.  I know I have sinned but God views me, Andy, His child, as blameless.  When God looks at me he doesn’t see my sin, He sees His Son and God knows that my sin debt has been paid. 

King David stated in Psalm 26 that he leads a blameless life.  Huh?  David committed adultery, murder and a few other sins I’m sure but he was a “man after God’s own heart”.  I think David grasped the grace and forgiveness of God.  David gives us some great things to teach our children in Psalm 26. 

  • Trust God without wavering (v 1)
  • God search my heart and my mind (v 2)
  • Walk always in God’s truth keeping His love in mind (v 3)
  • Be careful whom you hang out with (v 4, 5)
  • Give God praise and talk about the great things God has done (v 7)
  • Love the place where God dwells.  For us today as believers that would be our very lives. (v 8)
  • God has redeemed us and shown us Mercy (v 11)

 

 

No comments:

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...