Friday, November 21, 2008

Faith of a Child


Matthew 18:3  

3And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Yesterday I got a phone call from my 4 year old son.  He asked me, "can we put up the kwismis twee?"  Of course being the man of steel I said, "No way, it's not Christmas Eve yet!"  Actually I said "yes".

I got home and immediately started bringing boxes up from downstairs.  After we ate supper we started to put up the tree and decorate it.  My son said, "If we put up the Christmas tree it will snow."  He was pretty sure of it.

Living on the OBX we rarely see snow, maybe a flurry or two.  One long time resident told me today he had never seen snow in November.  This morning I rolled out of bed and walked into the living room, looked out the window and it was dumping snow!  I ran and woke Mish up and told her it was snowing.  I then went in and scooped up the little man.  Brought him into the living room.  It brought my heart great joy to see him smile and say, "It's snowing!"  Then later he added, "God made it snow."

I must admit that often I don't have that kind of faith, the faith of a child.  My son reminded me about faith and I'm glad he did.  Sometimes we forget that God is a God of miracles.  Did God make it snow because a little 4 year old boy thought it would?  I don't know, I'm not God.  Did God make it snow to remind me about faith?  Quite possible.

I've heard people say that having faith in God is a blind faith.  They mean it in a negative way.  They are exactly right.  If it wasn't blind it wouldn't be faith.  Faith is trust in what you can't see.  I have faith in gravity.  I can't see gravity but I know it is there.  Same goes with my faith in God.

Do you have the faith of a little child?

3 comments:

Rebecca Meyers said...

What a wonderfully sweet story! It put a smile in my heart this morning. Thanks!

grandma said...

Way to go grandson.
Love from Northern OK

Florida_Mom said...

Oh my gosh how precious. I can't remember the last time I even saw snow in Florida.

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...