Thursday, October 9, 2008

Teen Driving and Moral Behavior

I frequent Walt Mueller's blog to pick up good stuff about today's teen culture.  Today Walt posted about a new car feature coming out on Ford cars that give parents "control" over their teen's driving habits.  He relates it to the impulsivity factor.  There is a great illustration and great point in this post.

Enter today's teenage driver. The impusivity factor not only continues to exist, but is fed, fertilized, and watered by an ethical weather front that's moved into and stayed in the neighborhood. If you've been to any of my seminars you've heard me talk about postmodern amorality. I use my fist as a demonstration tool. My clenched fist represents a commonly held standard of morality. I place my other hand on that fist to represent behavior that conforms to the standard. . . . behavior that can then be labeled as "moral behavior" . . . (read more)

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...