Friday, October 17, 2008

Great Friday Night


Tonight was a wet night for the Manteo Redskins homecoming game.  I got to ride in the homecoming parade which I'm sure was a highlight for everyone that attended the parade.  Thanks Coach for taking me along for the ride.

After the parade we had the team supper and it was some kinda good.  Prime rib sandwiches and mac and cheese.  It is an interesting experience because the whole meal is eaten in total silence as the team focuses on the game.

After the meal I led the devotion time for the players who choose to participate.  Tonight I shared the event from the life of Peter as he walked on water and talked about focus in life and how we should focus on our relationship with Jesus Christ.

Then I chilled in the coaches office for a while and then sat in the stands in my poncho (which I am very glad was behind the seat of my truck).  I was quite dry during the downpour.  The shame of it was that the rain hit as they were crowning the king and queen.  

Redskins won 43 to 12!

Then I come home to find out that our Trunk or Treat got some national attention.  That was a crazy surprise!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Andy. We really appreciate what you do for "our" boys.

Andy Lawrenson said...

I appreciate the opportunity and wish the season was longer with more home games. :)

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...