Monday, October 20, 2008

Last Night at Contagious

Much Farkle and ping pong happening last night as students and the YM team hung out in the lobby and up on the balcony playing games together during Hang Time.  Our kitchen queens were busy cranking out the snacks.  I'm not sure how many bags of chips and popcorn were consumed but I do know that the Oreos numbered in the hundreds.  I took a peak at one student's plate and there were at least 20 Oreos.  Hang Time was mucho fun last night.

Last night our students set a goal to have 65 students at youth group in two weeks.  I noticed yesterday during our worship gatherings that there were several students attending Sunday morning but not involved in youth group.  I encouraged our students to look around on Sunday morning and invite these students to join them at Contagious on Sunday evenings.

We continued our study, Welcome to the Planet:  Why on earth am I here?"
Last night focused in on the fact that we were created for God's pleasure.
Worship = what we value, idolize, and honor.
Three tests to figure out what you worship = time, money, and thoughts.

1.  What is worship?  
Giving God Worth 
Giving God Focus 
Getting God's Strength

2.  Why honor God?
To Experience God Personally
To Have Your Heart Changed 

3.  How to Honor God?
Give God Your Love 
Give God Your Praise
Give God Your Devotion

If you like more info about this series or how you can use this curriculum, and others like it, in your youth ministry simply click on the blue SYM box at the top of my sidebar.

No comments:

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...