Friday, March 6, 2009

I've seen it all

This is a great video.  Much of what is in this video I have seen as well.  I remember sitting on the porch of the church at midnight with a boy waiting for his mom to pick him up.  After waiting almost an hour I asked, "so does your mom know what time to pick you up?"  
His response was, "No.  Should I call her?" Once again evidence that the synapsis are not connecting in the brain of a 15 year old boy.  I ended up driving him home and found out his mom worked the night shift at the nursing home.   I would love to know how many hours myself and others on the YM team have spent in our lifetime waiting for the last kid to get picked up.

Then there was the time a kid who told his parents that youth group ended an hour later than it really did so he could hang longer with his friends who were all gone within ten minutes of youth group finishing.  

I have also seen more wedgies than I can count but won't recount those stories.


2 comments:

Bonnie said...

this is GREAT!

ladybug said...

absolutely fabulous - i love the last line - "we've seen it all, but we've yet to see anything" that makes me wonder.....

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...