Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Struggling with Faith?

Ever find yourself wondering where God is at in whatever situation may be going on in your life? Faith is powerful.  I have stood back and watched in amazement the faith of Tricia.  After all Tricia has been through in the past several months,  delivering  a beautiful miracle baby and after Tricia has a miracle double lung transplant she finds out she has cancer.  It has been amazing for me to watch Tricia's faith (and Nate's) through all of this.  Not only am I amazed but I am inspired.  I've been inspired to trust God more.  I've been inspired to accept God's plan for my own life.  I've been inspired to live life with a deeper passion for my family.  I've been inspired to allow God to use my life as a witness.

God has given Tricia an incredible opportunity to share her life with the world.  I just finished reading Tricia's blog post about her prognosis and treatment for her cancer.  Truly amazing! (There's that word again)  If you haven't read her recent post you need to take a minute and do so.

I'm with our youth group at Student Life Camp this week at Wake Forest.  I know our youth group loves Tricia, the girls especially look up to Tricia, she has had a big impact in their lives.
Impacting lives, isn't that what we should all be doing as believers?  Using where God has placed us to share our faith in Him with others.

2 comments:

Thodgson said...

Andy,
Thanks for this post. I too have been inspired by Tricia. I am amazed by her grace and faith daily. During my conversations with God I have been asking him to give me the words and courage to share what I should more openly without the typical fears that come along. And that prayer has been answered!! As coworkers have been following Tricia's journey and, know that we attend the same church, have asked about her medical situation and then the conversation deepens. I am so blessed to know this wonderful woman and I thank God for her and her family everyday!!

Lee said...

Andy,
Until I "met" Tricia and the rest of the amazing Lawrenson clan, I thought I had a pretty rock solid faith that pretty much didn't waiver. Tricia's example has caused some serious self-examination. I am not sure after having delivered a micro-preemie, gotten a lung transplant shortly after and then told I have lung cancer could I ever remotely be as gracious and unwaivering as Trish. I am in awe of her continued strong belief. She never seems to question "WHYYYYY" which is something I am pretty sure I would do at this point ofthe journey.
Our God's mercy is new every morning though.....and I am learning to rely on Him in ways I never knew I could. The best part is...He NEVER let's me down! How cool is that deal? No matter what happens, if we call out to Him, He ALWAYS shows up!
What I've learned is that when I feel distant from Him .....He is not the one who moved. Thank you JESUS!

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...