Monday, June 9, 2008

Graduation Party Food Report

One weekend, two graduations, 4 graduation parties, didn't have to eat any meals in my home on Saturday or Sunday = a great weekend.

I've already blogged on the graduations.  (Let me add the teacher that gave the speech at MHS did a great job working in scripture without mentioning God or the Bible.)

Now I'll turn my attention to the party food.  (I won't mention names since I don't have permission to plaster them on the world wide web and I choose to respect their privacy)

Saturday's Noon Party - Wonderful spread of food.  A crab dip that was really really good (and I don't eat seafood usually) it was cooked with some peppers and had a little kick because of the seasonings and flavors. ;)  Lots of cheeses, crackers, fruit, breads, lunch meats, nuts.  The other highlight of my eatfest there was the sushi, yum yum.  Her cake was incredible with huge strawberries on top and other berries, very moist and tasty.  The food was all nicely arranged by The Embellishers

Saturday's 2 to 5 Party - Fantastic pork BBQ cooked in the cooker in their driveway, east carolina style (the best, don't argue with me), slaw.  The baked beans were great and lots of good flavors.  They also grilled some huge chicken breasts, didn't taste the chicken but my family ate it up.  Now to the cake. . .the cake was made by Just Desserts.  Just Desserts makes this cake that is to die for.  Put a slice on your head and watch your tongue slap your brains out trying to get to it.  We had two of these cakes for our little guys baby showers.  I ate some cake, forget the stinking weight watchers when there is a Just Desserts cake in site.  Oh, I also ate a slice of cake at the Noon Party, don't tell anyone.

Saturday's 6 to ? Party - By this point in the weekend I had eaten well beyond my point allowance but these kids only graduate once from high school.  Lot's of good grub at this party as well.  BBQ, sausage and peppers, nacho dip (I ate lots of that) chips, crackers, cheese.  My goal was to eat one of the small dessert size plates of food.  I did it!  4 Times!  The food was great!!  There were two cakes at this party a chocolate and white cake if I remember correctly.  I held off eating cake since I had already had two slices earlier in the day.  This party was a combo graduation and birthday party.  Congrats and Happy Birthday!

Sunday's 2:00 Party - There were so many people in the house I wondered what the weight rating on the pilings was.  Lots of great party food here as well.  Pimento cheese sandwiches and chicken salad sandwiches sliced into those little triangles.  I must have ate 50 pimento cheese sandwiches.  My son woofed down several chocolate dipped strawberries, I also at some chips and dip (keep in mind this was immediately following a new member interview lunch at the church).  The cake... I saw it...it saw me...I tried to not make contact...I failed.  The strawberry cake was awesome.

To end Andy's Eatfest 2008 I wrapped it up with two Oscar Meyer all beef hot dogs grilled at the beach during youth group on Sunday evening.  It was hot when I got home so I ate a Eddy's coconut fruit bar.  If you haven't had one of these tasty frozen all fruit treats and if you like coconut you need to buy a box they are fantabulous.  I only gained 2 lbs last week :)  Today I've been a good boy.  I'll tell you later about the pork loin I grilled tonight it was da bomb diggity.

9 comments:

jamie said...

Oh. My. Gosh. Now I'm STARVING.....

God Bless
Jamie in Texas

Barb said...

wow! And I thought just us midwesterners threw such outlandish graduation shindigs. Y'all take the cake...ha, ha.

Estelle said...

this just cracks me up!

TerryKM said...

Andy. . .what happened to the diet?

Andy Lawrenson said...

diet went on hold last weekend to celebrate this joyous occasion with the students whom I have invested in. :)

DogsDontPurr said...

That was A LOT of food! I feel stuffed just reading this! But it did sound delish!

Bonnie said...

I was there at 3 of the 4 parties...he's right...the food was over the top!

Rick Lawrenson said...

You can never go wrong with eastern NC barbecue. (That's pulled pork with a vinegar based sauce for the unitiated and deprived.)

Lee said...

"Diet shmiet" is my philosphy during graduation open house season.
Sounds like some great celebration foods.
I'm hungry....hmm....some of that BBQ would be good about now....

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...