Thursday, June 26, 2008

Slice Pizza

In a round about way this post does have something to do with youth ministry and parenting teens because it involves pizza.  Usually when I post about food I get the most comments.  

Nate and I just had a delicious lunch at Slice.  Slice is a new pizza place in KDH next to the new Sunsations.  If you live in the OBX area or are here on vacation I highly recommend it.  My lunch was very good.  I enjoyed a spinach roll and a slice or white pizza with broccoli.  Yummo!
The slices are huge man, big NY style.  I believe one of the partners has made pizza in Brooklyn for about 15 years or so.  It is the real deal.  I would even venture to say the best pizza I have had on the beach.  Stop by and see the folks at Slice and tell Jeremiah you are there because of Andy's recommendation.  They had a meat stuffed pizza and it looked awesome!  Maybe next time.  We sat next to our family mechanic and he said Slice has the best cheese steak on the beach.  I guess I'll have to give that a shot too.

Thanks Jeremiah for the delicious lunch!

8 comments:

Michelle Jamie said...

That’s funny that you get the most comments when you speak about food. Pizza happens to be my hubby's fav food. We actually had it for dinner tonight!!

Debbie said...

Josh wants to know if he heard correctly "meat stuffed pizza"
As his eyes glazed over and I wiped the drool from his chin...

Sounds good we will give it a try.

Nancy H. said...

We happened to have Slice Pizza today for lunch. Everything Andy is telling you is true...YUMMO!

Bonnie said...

Jeremiah? What a great name! We'll have to eat there, and since they share names, maybe he'll cut us a deal. Any idea how many points it was?

Andy Lawrenson said...

@debbie - yes, meat stuffed pizza.

@bonnie - lots of points.

Lee said...

Eh hmm. Slice is probably very good. I do not doubt you....your food descriptions are some of the best I've read....but the best pizza didn't originate in NY. CHICAGO man, CHICAGO!

Misha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

Hi Andy!
Just found this post, thank you for the support! You rock!

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...