Saturday, June 21, 2008

Divorce

Today on Studentdevo.com there is a good blog post on Divorce and Matthew 19 from Amy Brothers, of Duck UMC.  Amy is part of our Outer Banks Youth Ministry Network.  Many students in our youth groups are dealing with divorce in their families or in the lives of their close friends.

If you have a teen or a youth group let them know about this site.  Each day a devotional is posted that only takes a few minutes to read but they can also click the links to dig deeper on their own in the Bible.  The whole purpose of this devotion site is to help students get into the HABIT of Hang Time with God.

1 comment:

ladybug said...

I wonder sometimes what people think is an acceptable excuse for divorce outside of what Jesus said. I also wonder what those people are teaching their children. The pain, grief, loss of trust, and suffering experienced by all those in the family is enormous and is almost never ending. My own divorce has only proven to bring me closer to God and the experiences I have had will and have been used to comfort others in the same situation. My heart breaks for anyone involved in a divorce. My prayer is for healing, comfort, and peace that surpasses all understanding.

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...