Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Twins!




Jeremiah 29:11
I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. . .

Five years ago I thought I would never be a dad then God blessed us with our oldest son.
As of December 30 I thought our son would be an only child.  December 31 we found out we were going to adopt twins.  January 7 the babies entered the world! (read more about that here)

The last few months have been an incredible journey!  The twins are a blessing from God.  We, even big brother, enjoy having them in the family.  Someone jokingly asked our 4 year old son if they could take one of the babies with them.  His response, "No, they are our family."  

I have spent the last few months at home.  It has been a lot of fun mixed with a few tense moments.  When both babies cry which one will I pick up first?  I have learned how to hold one baby and scoop the other up with one hand.  I can feed two babies at one time,  burping two at one time has yet to be accomplished.  I have turned our guest room into the babies' room. (pics to come soon)

I'm blessed to serve in a church that understands the importance of giving pastors a break.  Every 7 years a pastor can take up to a 3 month sabbatical.  The timing was perfect!  Thank God for NHC and all her wonderful partners.  

Father of three!  I would have never guessed . . . but God knew.  

Contest Winner is Marcia!  2,000 blogspot points and 1,000 bonus points
Marcia guessed their weight the closest and their combined weight.
"Fred" 12 pounds 10 ounces
"Wilma" 11 pounds 12 ounces
Marcia, use those points wisely.

1 comment:

marcia said...

I'm smilin', here in cloudy MI today! Must be the Grandma experience, with the youngest having her First B-day today! :)
If you can trade blog points in for diapers anywhere, I will gladly donate them to the cause!! :)

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...