Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Communicating with Teens

I'm currently reading Speaking to Teenagers.  I'm about half way through the book and I am learning a lot of good stuff and practical help in crafting a message for students.  My blue highlighter is marking the book on just about every page.

Chapter two is Building Bridges that Connect.  Here is a statement that jumped out at me:
"No matter how impressive the structure, or how lengthy the preparation, or how unique the design, Christian communication - whether it's a sermon, a talk, a Bible study, or a devotional - that doesn't help people connect to God is a wast of time, effort, and opportunity.  It's a bridge to nowhere, and a bridge to nowhere is no bridge at all."

You can pick up a copy of this great book here.

No comments:

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...