Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Most Valuable Asset

“I’m the most valuable asset . . .” This was a phrase I heard come out of the mouth of an employee in a corporate situation. She is getting moved from where she thinks she is the best choice the company has for that area. She also went on to talk about how good she was at her job and was the best person for the job. Now I don’t mind a little pride in the job you do but this person had very high thoughts of herself. Maybe she is the most valuable asset, perhaps the “powers” that be where she works are making a mistake, maybe they are not making a mistake in moving her. I don’t know enough about this company to know whether or not they consider themselves a team but judging from her statement I don’t think they do or at least she is not a team player.

Ministry is best accomplished in a team and not in a lone ranger approach. I think teams are very important to the health and growth of a church as the partners (members) discover how God has created them to serve.

Some thought about ministry teams:
>Together Everyone Accomplishes More
>There is no “I” in team
>It’s not about you
>Team members watch out for the whole team
>Teams work together to accomplish the vision of the church
>Individual teams in a church are just a part of the big picture
>No one on a team is more valuable than another
>Every team member has gifts and talents to be used by God
>Teams work together through conflict

The most valuable asset to a team is a team player.


1 comment:

Rebecca Meyers said...

Very well said. :) I'm guessing this person's pride is out-shining her ability to see the big picture and a move might be just what she (and the rest of the TEAM) needs!!!

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...