Saturday, May 2, 2009

Volunteers are Great!

I have been off of my sabbatical for a week now.  It's nice to be back in the office and I'm looking forward to teaching about stress tomorrow night.  

While I was gone for over 60 something days the youth ministry at NHC kept trucking.  Our YM team of volunteers ministered to students fantastically.  Without them I'm not sure how well the sabbatical would have been or if it would have happened at all.  Turning partners in the church loose to do ministry is what it is all about.  I love watching folks discover their SHAPE and then dive in and serve their Savior and church.  It's a huge blessing and the YM team rocks!

Tonight I was blessed again by another volunteer, Kit, a member of our nursery team, dropped by our home with a chocolate pound cake.  The whole Lawrenson family is enjoying it (well the twins aren't because they have no teeth yet).  Kit is a blessing to me as she serves each and every Sunday in our nursery.  Her commitment to be there each week has made the difference in some tiny lives as they became comfortable being dropped off by mommy and daddy in the toddler room.  The nursery team at NHC rocks and they are a huge blessing to my family.

No comments:

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...