Thursday, February 5, 2009

Refuel

Refuel

If you've always struggled with the stereotypical quiet - time, don't give up hope! You've been told that you're supposed to spend time with God. You've valiantly set your alarm clock an hour early or worked partway through some ambitious study guides, but sooner or later your busy life creeps back in and steals your resolve. Why do you consistently fail at your quiet times? Maybe it's because you've bought into somebody else's unrealistic, unsustainable idea of what time with God ought to look like. Lose the guilt. Drop the unrealistic expectations. You can connect with God stay spiritually full. Doug Fields, pastor at Saddleback Church, offers a simple, uncomplicated plan that you can carry out. All you have to do is: STOP, BE QUIET, MAKE A CONNECTION. Simple. But not simplistic. If you can practice these habits throughout your day, you will enjoy a new depth and fullness in your spiritual life. Book includes group study guide and questions!

If you would like to purchase a copy of the book simply click on the pic of the book.

4 comments:

Attack of the Killer Blog... said...

I enjoy your posting and am adding your blog to the blogs I follow... if you don't mind! Great stuff! I look forward to seeing more posts way down here in Birmingham, AL.

Attack of the Killer Blog... said...

Just received your comment and dude, we live at Dreamland! My wife and I love to visit as often as we can. I guess you're familiar with the ribs then? The blog is evolving and I'm beginning to slant it more to a youth thang than just my personal blog. Great stuff though on yours, would love to keep in touch from time to time...

Allison said...

We both started reading this book tonight. I'm actually going to write some of the things down that I read in the first chapter and put it on the fridge. We've only read the first chapter so far, but it is amazing how it has affected me already.

Andy Lawrenson said...

I also started to read it and will probably post some thoughts on chapter one later tonight. Right now I'm watching all 3 young'uns

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...