Friday, February 20, 2009

Isaiah 2

A couple verses I'm rolling through my mind as I read through Isaiah during my sabbatical.  These verses bring up some self evaluation questions in my mind:

Is. 2:5
Come, O house of Jacob,
   let us walk in the light of the Lord.

The following verses (6-8) are about how Israel had embraced superstition, witchcraft, joined up with pagans and they had pursued material gain and they are worshipping idols that they had made with their own hands.

How do I walk in the light of the Lord?
Have I embraced things in our culture that aren't pleasing to God?
Am I worshipping idols that I have created and built up in my own life?

Is. 2:23
Stop trusting in man,
    who has but a breath in his nostrils.
Of what account is he?

Who do I trust in ?
Why would I trust so much in men?

No comments:

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...