Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Refuel Book Report #2

Chapter 1 report

I'm reading through chapter two of Refuel.  The chapter is entitled Ditch the Guilt.  The idea is that many people feel God is angry or even disappointed in them, that's their view of God which of course directly effects their relationship with him.  Having a quiet time, spending time with God shouldn't feel like you are having religious requirements and laws heaped on your shoulders. Doug Fields says in chapter 2, "I don't want to crush you with impossible religious demands."  Sad thing is that many people feel this way about their faith and relationship with God.  Perhaps they are more into religion than relationship?  I know there were many things taught to me in the "name of God" growing up that just weren't true.   Hey, blue jeans aren't of the devil, playing cards won't send your life into a sinful tailspin.  I did hear a lot what God was against and not what God is for.

My favorite paragraph thus far in chapter 2:
"To minimize the guilt and maximize your connections with God, I'm convinced that you have to fight against compartmentalized faith.  What is that?  A compartmentalized faith is a pick-and-choose lifestyle in which a person basically wanders between Christlike life and Christless life.  Typically such a person chooses to live God's way when the church lights are on and Christian friends are looking, but behind closed doors,  when no eye can see him, all bets are off."

More on chapter 2 later. . .

No comments:

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...