Saturday, December 8, 2007

Your child could be a millionaire

I was sitting on my sofa minding my own business when the folks on Fox News channel were interviewing a guy that has written  book for parents to help parents teach their children about money.  He made an interesting statement, "Parents spend all that time, money and energy teaching their kids ballet, athletics but none of my adult friends today are ballet dancers or on a sports team.  We should be teaching them about something that they are going to have to deal with the rest of their lives".  He gave a few tips, I could only catch a few of them:
  • no allowance - kids shouldn't make their bed for money they should make their bed because they are part of a family and we work together in our home.
  • stop projecting money fears onto kids - kids don't need to hear their parents money woes 
  • don't gripe about your job in front of your kid - they don't need to be taught to fear that adulthood is going to be boring and no fun
From the author or the new book, Young Bucks.  It even gives ideas for kids to start their own businesses as children to earn their money.

I might add that it is wise to teach them now about giving back to God by tithing, teach them obedience to God now so it will be instilled them when they become and adult.


No comments:

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...