Thursday, December 13, 2007

Life Lessons from the Necco

Why do I love these little wafers of happiness?
I don't eat much candy but I love the Necco. 
Rick brought me a roll this morning, it's almost gone.  Sugar Rush!

Did you know that the New England Confectionery Company is the oldest multi-line candy company in America?  Necco had its beginning in 1847, that is 161 years of wonderful sugary waferness!

Did you know that the Necco wafer is made from a dough?  Don't like the Necco?  You don't know what is good.  Like the sweethearts at valentine's day?  Same thing, made by Necco, same dough with a few different flavors, cut thicker and in the shape of a heart.

Pink tastes like Pepto Bismol to me but I like Pepto.  Then there is green that tastes like a cleaning product but I like it.  Orange taste like vitamin C.   Clove, purple, that's the one that throws people off.  There are 8 flavors:  Wintergreen, licorice, lemon, lime, chocolate, cinnamon, clove, and orange.  Personal note: the only flavor I can't stand is chocolate.  I don't even understand why it is in the roll of wafers, but I eat it anyways because after all it is a Necco.

How does all of this apply.....

When you are passionate about Neccos you know the facts.  How well do you know the facts about Jesus Christ?
When you are passionate about Neccos you can't get enough.  How passionate are you about Jesus Christ?
When you are passionate about Neccos you eat the whole roll, even the flavors that you don't understand.  Do you understand accept everything about God, even the things you don't understand?

To wrap up this post about those little discs of sunshine in my life....
Other candy Necco makes that are incredible: Mary Jane, that chewy little peanut butter morsel of goodness.  Clark bar, enough said there, chocolate, peanut butter.  Sky Bar, chocolate candy with 4 molded centers of vanilla, caramel, fudge and peanut.  Mint Julip and Banana Split chews.  One of the all time bests - Candy Buttons!  

Final note: For those that read this blog that are Jewish, Necco candies are Kosher!

2 comments:

ladybug said...

Oh good I was worried about that kosher thing - have you made any matzoh ball soup lately?

Andy Lawrenson said...

No soup lately but it is that time of the year.

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...