Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas!

We had a great visit with Tricia and Nate in Durham last night and this morning. We got to go out to eat together (my hobby) and then opened our gifts (we did the draw one name thing). I scored big time! I got a Spider Man radio controlled helicopter from Gail. It is some kind of sweet! It was good to see Tricia and spend some time with her and Nate and the crew.

Currently I'm sitting in my living room by the light of the Christmas tree after attending the Christmas Eve worship gathering at church earlier this evening. Misha is channel surfing between It's a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Story. The smell of a pumpkin pie baking in the oven is wafting throughout the house. Sasha (our dog) is laying at my feet. Ty is all snug in his bed with visions of presents to open dancing through his head.

Does it get any better than this? It is the picture perfect Christmas Eve.

As we drove home tonight from the Christmas Eve gathering Misha asked Ty, "Do you know why we celebrate Christmas?" Ty responded happily, "Open presents!" I have failed as dad and a pastor! Just joking, the kid is 3 give em' a break! We then explained again the birth of Jesus. So again we asked him what we were going to do to tomorrow? Ty answered, "Open Jesus' presents!"

My favorite part of the movie, A Christmas Story, was just on. Ralphie told his mom that he learned a dirty word from his friend so Ralphie's mom called the other boy's mom. You can hear the kid getting yelled at and whooped over the phone. Ralphie just threw out a name, it wasn't even true. I love that!

So from all of us here in the pumpkin pie smelling Lawrenson home we wish you a Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

CFHusband said...

love the family picture!!

tricia

New Site is up and Running

My new web site which now hosts my blog posts is up and fully functional. You can check it out at andylawrenson.com . There is also a ...